This policy applies to all Gin-Cor Industries Limited staff who provide goods and services to persons with disabilities in a way that is consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity, whether they do so as employees, volunteers, agents (Service Providers), contractors or otherwise.
- Any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defects or illness and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, a brain injury, any degree of paralysis, amputation, lack of physical co-ordination, blindness or visual impediment, deafness or hearing impediment, muteness or speech impediment, or physical reliance on a guide dog or other animal or on a wheelchair or other remedial appliance or device
- A condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability
- A learning disability, or a dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language
- A mental disorder
- An injury of disability for which benefits were claimed or received under the insurance plan established under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997
Access to Goods and Services
Please note that unfortunately our office, washrooms and seminar rooms are not wheelchair accessible at this time. It is however our policy to do our best to provide our services to disabled customers by:
- Respecting the dignity of disabled customers
- Consider integration and equal opportunity for disabled customers
- Provide access to the premises as far as possible by reasonable accommodation
- Access to information in a format that accommodates a disability as reasonable
Use of Assistive Devices
It is Gin-Cor’s policy that people with disabilities may use their own assistive devices to access Gin-Cor’s goods and services.
Use of Support Animals
It is Gin-Cor’s policy to allow service animals on the premises and in all situations where a disabled customer requires the service animal to access Gin-Cor’s goods and services.
Use of Support Persons
Gin-Cor will welcome people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to enter Gin-Cor’s premises with his or her support person.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions in Services and Facilities
If there is a temporary notice of disruption to the public it will be posted in a conspicuous place.
Gin-Cor will train all of the employees, volunteers and agents and others that deal with the public or third parties.
Gin-Cor will accept feedback from anyone who has any concerns about the Accessibility Program. Feedback may be submitted in writing, by e-mail or by telephone to the Manager Human Resources. Please direct your feedback by contacting us.
Availability of Accessible Documents
All documents relating to the Customer Service Standard of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) will be made available upon request and in a format reasonably accommodating Disabilities. You may make a request in writing, by e-mail or by telephone. Please address your request by contacting us.